Armaggedon 2015 Wish List

General Announcements, ideas, discussion about Armageddon 2015 (the 16th year of this tournament)

Armaggedon 2015 Wish List

Postby HotDice » Thu Feb 05, 2015 10:29 pm

What do you want to see happen for Armageddon 2015 (and beyond) ?

My list:

- Price increase
- Less systems
- Less games / No RR
- More down time to hang out / party / sleep... in that order
- Refs in every game
- More time at every center to set up
- No more importing systems
- Zero tolerance for unsafe driving on little to no sleep from anyone
Armageddon US 2013 Champion
Minigeddon (Zorce-a-geddon) US 2014 Champion
Armageddon US 2014 Champion

#Leperchanordrop
HotDice

Re: Armaggedon 2015 Wish List

Postby Trips » Thu Feb 05, 2015 11:04 pm

I am all for less games more free time. Maybe next year we could extend the tournament by an extra day to give us more time.

We need better rule enforcement and player refs.
Trips

Postby Trips » Fri Feb 06, 2015 8:26 am

I think another thing that needs to be addressed, is rather or not we're going to Canada. People need to make payments and then they have to get a passport or nexus card. Which can take 6 weeks. I'm not saying I'm against Canada bc I am actually for it, but some people need to know bc it's gonna cost them a little extra this year.

My wish list :
No Amherst
No Amherst
Jäger for all
No Amherst
To play Oakville
Trips

Postby Dark Angel » Fri Feb 06, 2015 11:25 am

respectfully:

1) price has already been increased
2) you want less tag for your money?
3) see #2
4) We didn't have enough time to hang out in 2014? I know of 2 days that had ample hangout time
5) When you registerer, please mark yourself as a system expert and we will make sure refs are scheduled
6) How much more time do you think we need?
7) Qzar and Storm are vital in my opinion (and I feel is a true expression of our passion bring the joy of ancient yet currently maintain systems to the community), unless ya'll vote it out, I am keeping it in
8) plan on leaving Wednesday night or thursday morning. there is this new concept called "planning". Captains, strongly recommend to your team mates to arrive early to the port of entry and get some sleep before late thursday night happens
Dark Angel

Postby icarus » Mon Feb 09, 2015 3:17 pm

We already get a lot of tag for our money.
$300 entry fee / 8 systems = $37.50 per system
9 team RR = 8 games per team = $4.69 per game
8 teams = $5.36 per game
7 teams = $6.25 per game
ect

These are not open games with noobs, they are high quality, competitive games.
You can't normally walk into any center, pay that little, and get that much quality games.
Not to mention this price includes travel and stay.

Just saying, we already get a lot of tag. Going to a different bracket system won't change that.

I know you don't want to change it, so I'll just keep doing everything I can to get so many teams that you will have no choice :-)
icarus

Postby HotDice » Wed Feb 11, 2015 7:19 pm

The part that irked me the most was the "respectfully" part.

Can't tell if being passive aggressive or trolling...

Allow me to respond:

1) price has already been increased

And no one cared, dispute there being massive arguments made about leaving the price alone. Aside from better hotels and more time at systems... Hell, even dark light last year... You could increase the price to hire someone just to run the tournament / stats. 5-10 bucks per person ? Worth it ?

2) you want less tag for your money?

Yes. Playing quest against Armageddon players isn't fun for me... For other people they might get their rocks off owning people who are bad / don't know any better, but not me.

Time is very valuable, specifically for this tournament. To have a team do a Flying V in a Tron game or to watch Gettysburg at tactical... Complete waste of time and my money.

There are better ways where we can get value out of the tournament, but it's bizarre that they aren't even considered.

3) see #2

See 2

4) We didn't have enough time to hang out in 2014? I know of 2 days that had ample hangout time

That was more of a general statement - this year we aren't as lucky to have last years route.

I'll be shocked if we get close to that amount if downtime.

5) When you registerer, please mark yourself as a system expert and we will make sure refs are scheduled

Define expert... Lol

6) How much more time do you think we need?

Enough time to pump the breaks for cheating allegations, scheduling discussions, and replays... None of which we has time for.

Some players also requested practice games.

7) Qzar and Storm are vital in my opinion (and I feel is a true expression of our passion bring the joy of ancient yet currently maintain systems to the community), unless ya'll vote it out, I am keeping it in

I've made enough of a splash with this, and making enough valid points...

So I'll leave it at this:

Will we purposely avoid systems on the route to fit imported systems ?

Will we have enough time to set up imported systems in a safe/logistal way ?

8) plan on leaving Wednesday night or thursday morning. there is this new concept called "planning". Captains, strongly recommend to your team mates to arrive early to the port of entry and get some sleep before late thursday night happens

Lol incredibly unrealistic ... Most players leave straight from work or head to work after geddon.

But let's say that people actually do this, why not start the tournament early ? Cheaper rates on thursday, no rushing, more downtime, we could import systems, were all down early / later anyways right ?

Everyone wins.
Armageddon US 2013 Champion
Minigeddon (Zorce-a-geddon) US 2014 Champion
Armageddon US 2014 Champion

#Leperchanordrop
HotDice

Postby Trips » Sun Feb 22, 2015 7:39 pm

Hey hey hey, how bad we were at Tron the Flying V kept it close. We should of been doing it from the beginning. Leave it to a few Beach members to do something that crazy.
Trips

Postby exit » Thu Feb 26, 2015 3:06 am

1. To get to play real Zone.
2. No bronchitis.
exit

Return to General